Embodied Imagination® Training Australia
The first cohort of Australian trainees began training in Sydney in 2009, graduating in 2012. Two graduates from that course, Jennifer Hume and Michelle Morris are now working with Robert Bosnak in the current training program.
The current program
This three-year training program leads to an international certification as an Embodiment Practitioner and membership in the International Society for Embodied Imagination®.
The training is conducted partly in person and partly online. Intensives are face-to-face and the theory sessions, Brief and In Depth, and pair supervision are online. Trainee pairs also practise together regularly online.
Academic areas covered in the training are:
- The Neuroscience of Dreaming
- G. Jung and James Hillman and their influence on EI
- The Scientific Study of the Placebo Effect
- Complexity Theory
- Alchemical Psychology
- A study of mimesis
- A history of Dream Incubation and Intentional Dreaming
- Trauma and Disassociation Studies
- Dreaming and the Australian Landscape
- Imagination and Spirit
- Embodied Imagination® and Creativity
- Psychotherapeutic and Dream Groups
- Relational Fields
A comprehensive and relevant reading list is given to trainees;
Bosnak, Robert. Embodiment: Creative Imagination in Medicine, Art and Travel. London: Routledge, 2007.